COVID-19 Message Center
We are committed to keeping you informed. Please check this section before every visit and we ask each patient to follow all guidelines as closely as possible. We look forward to serving you and your family.
You have our commitment and assurance that we will answer all your questions and do everything we can to help you feel comfortable and continue to keep you safe when coming into our practice.
To this end, these are the changes we have adopted, following guidance and best practices from CDC, the AAP, Children’s Mercy, ACAAI, and AAAAI:
- Screening questionnaires, temperature check, and pulse ox check prior to entry into the clinic
- Removal of toys, books, and cloth furniture in the waiting room
- Waiting room chairs are wiped down after each use
- Restrictions for parent/caregiver visitors who accompany children
- All adults and children over 2 years of age are required to wear a face covering
- Minimizing waiting time in the waiting room
- Allergy shot patients do their 30 minute wait in clean exam rooms
- All staff are screened with temperature/pulse ox checks at the beginning of their shift and encouraged to stay home if they have any symptoms
- All staff wear masks in the clinic
Any patient answering “Yes” to any of these questions they need to call our office prior to arrival as we may need to turn the patient away.
- Have you or any of your close contacts been suspected or known to have COVID-19?
- Have you traveled anywhere in the last 14 days and developed new symptoms after travel?
- Have you had any new onset of coughing, chills, sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath, shaking chills, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, difficulty breathing, muscle pain/body aches, congestion, nausea or vomiting, fever, headache, runny nose?
With the upcoming fall allergy and respiratory viral season upon us we wanted to provide a way to evaluate patients safely and effectively. We are excited to announce that starting Tuesday, September 1st we will be offering Acute Testing Visits for our patients. They will be scheduled telemedicine appointments but the visit will be done from the main parking lot of our office building.
Read Full Acute Testing Visits Announcement
We will be administering flu shots during in-office appointments and call ahead shot injections.
Non-patients/family members of patients can utilize the call ahead flu shot times as well. You must call ahead to ensure that we have the flu vaccine in stock and to confirm what time you will be coming in if utilizing the call ahead/flu shot times. Remember to bring your insurance card and photo ID into the office to ensure we file the date of service correctly.
YOU MUST CALL AHEAD AT LEAST 1 HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
- New allergy shot patients will be allowed to start
- We will resume building allergy shot doses
- Patients may return for weekly injections if needed
- Prior to arriving for your scheduled allergy injection, please preview the Covid screening questions and make sure you answer “no” to all questions
- After your arrival
- The front staff will pull your chart and have your ETA on the front
- The nurse out front will check your temperature and oxygen level and notify a clinic nurse of your arrival.
- You will then proceed into the clinic and immediately receive your shot (bypassing the lobby and front desk) and while the majority of our patient visits are telemedicine, you will be placed in a sanitized exam room for your 30 minute wait. As we transition to seeing more patients in the office, the waiting room will be used for overflow but only to a number that social distancing can be maintained
All patients (2 years and older) coming into the office will be required to wear a facial covering of some kind.
We do NOT recommend stockpiling Albuterol inhalers or prednisone since that will lead to a shortage (think toilet paper). If you have non-expired medications you do NOT need to call for a prescription for extra.
We are Here for You
Hello from Allergy & Asthma Care, P.A.
We hope that this note finds you and your family safe and healthy. We want to thank you for being flexible and understanding as we adjust our office procedures to keep patients and families as safe as possible during this unprecedented pandemic.
As we begin to adjust to a new normal, we’re here to partner with you. We know many may be anxious about going out in public, including to a doctor’s office.
Saturday 12/24/22 CLOSED
Sunday 12/25/22 CLOSED
Monday 12/26/22 CLOSED
Saturday 12/31/22 OPEN (Normal Hours)
Monday 01/02/23 CLOSED
Spring 2021 Office News
To Our Valued Patients,
We hope this email finds you well and we wanted to update you on some exciting news at our office. With the number of new COVID cases in our area declining and more individuals being vaccinated (including the majority of our staff) we are excited to see more patients physically in the office. We have MISSED seeing you!!! Each doctor will still have a telemedicine option. We are also utilizing our socially distanced waiting room more with allergy shot patients.
We have also installed a negative pressure room so we are able to do Pulmonary Function Tests again. It must be ordered by a physician or NP/PA. If you are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated, a rapid COVID antigen test must be performed before you can blow into the machine. The results take 15 minutes so if you want to come earlier for your appointment, you can.
Starting on TUESDAY, March 23rd, we will be able to schedule allergy injections up to 1 week in advance and you will get a text message reminder of your appointment. You will still need to call at least 1 hour before you would like to come in for a SAME DAY injection. We will do our best to accommodate patients with empty exam rooms first for your wait time, but please understand there is no guarantee as we slowly make the transition to seeing more in-office appointments.
Unfortunately, we still have not been officially approved to distribute the COVID19 vaccine as of yet. We are still awaiting word from Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and will keep you updated if and when our status changes
Resources to find the COVID-19 vaccine:
Saturday Hours of Operation
CHECK HOLIDAY HOURS (if any) ABOVE
VIEW ALL HOURS OF OPERATION >
10787 Nall Ave, Leawood, KS 66211
Established in 1977, Allergy & Asthma Care, P.A. is the oldest and largest continuously operating allergy and asthma practice in metropolitan Kansas City. Our physicians are Board Certified in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and are also Board Certified in Internal Medicine and/or Pediatrics. We employ Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistants, all University Trained and Certified Asthma Educators to help meet the needs of our patients.
See Drs. Levine and Tran honored as
Top Docs by Kansas City Magazine
Our Board Certified allergists, associate providers, and staff are committed to providing the highest quality allergy, asthma, and immunology health care in the area.
We offer a patient-centered environment that is professional, reliable, and caring for each patient and their family. Our goal is to make a positive difference in the health care of all individuals, with special attention to those with allergic and immunologic disorders.
To be innovative leaders in the treatment of allergy, asthma, and immunology in our community and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to working with the medical community in advancing the importance of recognizing and treating allergic and immunologic diseases.
Patient education, cutting edge treatment, and a caring environment are pillars in our practice. Continuing these core values attests to the commitment to our patients and our field.